This employee will perform HIV and Hepatitis-C antibody testing, 3-site STD screening, counseling, and referral services.
This employee will work a minimum of 30 hours per week as assigned to staff the HIV testing program. The office is located at 4433 Florin Road, Suite 860, Sacramento, CA and the job involves travel throughout the Sacramento region, including online and street outreach work. This worker will be assigned to working on the combined outreach activities of all Golden Rule Services programs.
The job requires travel and direct work with clients who may use drugs, have a mental illness or other chronic difficulties. The job requires a background search for criminal arrests and convictions. A criminal record does not necessarily disqualify an applicant, each case will be considered on its own merits. A safe driving record is a must.
The job responsibilities include lifting, cleaning, walking up to a mile several times a day, climbing stairs and being comfortable in street settings throughout the community where the program’s clients may live. This staff person may drive a recreational vehicle to and from sites around the area and perform fueling and routine minor maintenance for the vehicle. This employee may also be asked to use their own vehicle for travel.
Tasks may include attending various training, including the State Office of AIDS’ HIV Test Counselor certificate program (if not already certified), participating in health-related outreach and resource development, navigating the systems of care both medical and social. This position may require the employee to be in client personal environments such as homes, medical offices’, homeless camps, as well as transporting clients in employee personal vehicles. This job absolutely requires the use of an employee’s own vehicle on a daily basis and therefore requires that employee has a reliable vehicle, with appropriate automobile insurance, a valid California driver license, and a safe driving record. The worker may be assigned to operate vehicles owned by the agency as well.
Golden Rule Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer that follows all required guidelines for fairness and non-discrimination in employment.
II. Job Description
This employee will perform HIV and Hepatitis-C antibody testing, 3-site STD screening, counseling, and referral services. This employee will link individuals to HIV treatment, health information, education, referrals, risk reduction interventions, condom distribution, STD awareness, testing and treatment, other social service referral, and PrEP/PEP services.
This employee will conduct outreach (traditional/face-to-face in the community and internet-based) to priority populations including African American/LatinX individuals, LGBTQIA+, and people who inject drugs in Sacramento County, as well as their sexual partners regardless of race and ethnicity.
The employee will perform all of the following tasks:
- Provide HIV/STD/Hep-C counseling, testing, and referrals to priority populations in compliance with strict standards provided by the Sacramento County. This includes finger-sticks and 3-site testing.
- Engage diverse individuals in their own neighborhoods or venues where they typically congregate to provide HIV, STD, HCV, and PrEP/PEP related health information, education, referrals and linkage to services.
- Assist individuals in receiving medical care for HIV, STD, and Hep-C infection and other support services.
- Adhere to strict procedures of confidentiality, the release of information and data security.
- Maintain accurate and complete participant records, tracking contacts, counseling, testing, referrals, and outreach performance
- Communicate effectively with clients for appointments and follow-up on referrals through culturally competent and trauma-informed approaches.
- Conduct weekly and quarterly reports, perform data entry and provide monthly documented client follow-ups
- Maintain accurate and current process, procedural, and program, and inventory logs
- Ordering and maintaining testing supplies
- Provide and conduct PrEP and HIV navigation services
- Attend all assigned staff and team meetings and participate appropriately in the planning and review of project activities.
- Running monthly HIV testing controls
- Ordering HIV, STD, and HCV education and prevention materials
- Deliver specimens weekly to the Sacramento County Lab
- Complete other appropriate tasks as assigned by supervisors in carrying out the project.
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferred)
- Current knowledge of HIV/AIDS/STD/HCV prevention, outreach, and health promotion strategies.
- Experience and knowledge of the culture and environmental issues significant to:
- people of color
- high-risk youth
- low-income families
- people who inject drugs and other high-risk drug users
- individuals involved with the criminal justice system
- homeless and under-housed
- people with chronic severe illness
- mental health patients
- Experience and knowledge involving community services, eligibility work, referral development, and client advocacy.
- Effective communication ability in Spanish (preferred)
- Be certified by the State Office of AIDS as an HIV Test Counselor
- Computer skills using Microsoft software applications (e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint,
- social media apps).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Organizational abilities, critical thinking skills, and logic and analytical ability.
- Ability to work hands-on with limited resources, independently or in a team setting.
- A valid driver’s license with a dependable vehicle with current automobile insurance, registration, and a clean driving record.
- Ability to multi-task within a fast-paced environment.
The hourly wage for this position is commensurate with one’s employment and educational experience
III. How to Apply
People of Color and LGBTQIA+ are strongly encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants are encouraged to email a cover letter and their current that reflects any relevant experiences and skills to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please type “Application: [Insert Job Title]” under the Subject. Once this information is received, candidates will meet with Clarmundo Sullivan, CEO, and founder of GRS, for a preliminary interview to discuss available opportunities and answer any questions. If you should have any questions, please feel free to contact Mr. Sullivan at (916) 427-4653.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com