This employee oversees the development, implementation and strategic growth of GRS by coordinating multiple projects and/or initiatives including GRS activities.
This employee will work 40 hours per week as assigned to coordinate and implement day-to-day management of all Golden Rule Services (GRS) programs, events, or fundraisers within a given project. The office is located at 4433 Florin Road, Suite 860, Sacramento, CA and the job involves travel throughout the Sacramento region, including street outreach work. This worker will be assigned to working on the combined outreach activities of all Golden Rule Services programs.
The job requires travel and direct work with clients who may use drugs, have a mental illness or other chronic difficulties. The job requires a background search for criminal arrests and convictions. A criminal record does not necessarily disqualify an applicant, each case will be considered on its own merits. A safe driving record is a must.
The job responsibilities include lifting, cleaning, walking up to a mile several times a day, climbing stairs and being comfortable in street settings throughout the community where the program’s clients may live. This staff person may drive a recreational vehicle to and from sites around the area and perform fueling and routine minor maintenance for the vehicle. This employee may also be asked to use their own vehicle for travel.
Duties will include risk assessment, client counseling, and referrals to other services in the community. Gloves, sharps containers and sanitary products will be provided for this purpose. This employee must have a valid CA driver’s license and current insurance and registration for their personal vehicle. Travel may require the use of the employee’s vehicle, and mileage costs will be reimbursed.
Golden Rule Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer that follows all required guidelines for fairness and non-discrimination in employment.
II. Job Description
This employee oversees the development, implementation and strategic growth of GRS by coordinating multiple projects and/or initiatives including GRS activities. These projects and activities will support community development, community health education, and achievement of program goals. This employee is responsible for budgeting, assisting community outreach, and overseeing fundraising events. This may include managing several grant goals and objectives, writing grant proposals, and managing large scale donations.
Additionally, this employee creates functional strategies and makes significant contributions to program partnership development, strategic planning, and executive-level decision making. This position reports and works directly under the Executive Director and works closely with Project Coordinators and clients to ensure delivery of the most effective and efficient programs and services.
This employee will conduct outreach (traditional/face-to-face in the community and internet-based) to priority populations including African American/LatinX individuals, LGBTQIA+, and people who inject drugs in Sacramento County, as well as their sexual partners regardless of race and ethnicity.
The employee will perform all of the following tasks:
- Coordination of multiple projects and/or initiatives including managing several grant goals and objectives, writing grant proposals, manage activities supporting community development, and achievement of program goals.
- Implementation of new strategies, procedures, and protocols to ensure effective delivery of prevention and case management services to priority populations.
- Identify existing and new services, implement program modifications, and execute new strategies or approaches in providing information and resources to the community.
- Establish working relationships with appropriate community resources in the area, including those providing mental health and social services to the priority populations.
- Composition of weekly and quarterly reports, perform data entry and provide monthly documented program activities and surveys in a timely manner
- Oversees LEO data entry to ensure timely data entry
- Ensures all positive confirmatory results are forwarded to Sacramento County
- Maintains consistent contact with other public administrators, community providers and other parties as needed.
- Hiring, interviewing, and training staff and volunteers
- Conduct necessary payroll activities including reviewing timesheets, weekly reports, and processing payroll.
- Supervision of employees including but not limited to training, evaluating, and recommending discipline for staff
- Reviews the work of employees for completeness, accuracy, and content.
- Regularly coordinate staff meetings and attend collaborative meetings
- Any and all other duties assigned by the Executive Director
- Master’s Degree in Public Health, Community Health, Non-Profit Management, or a related discipline (such as sociology, organizational psychology, public health nursing, or health communications) required
- OR BA/BS plus 3-5 years of equivalent experience in public health program coordination, management and/or community organizing
- OR 10 years of equivalent experience in public health program coordination, management and/or community organizing.
- Experience designing and implementing public health or health-related programs and initiatives.
- Knowledge and experience in coalition building, community organizing, health education & health promotion strategies.
- Current knowledge of health benefits counseling and enrollment
- Current knowledge of social service providers and resources.
- Current knowledge of PEP/PrEP medication, HIV/AIDS/STD/HCV prevention, outreach, and health promotion strategies.
- Demonstrated experience coordinating and implementing multiple health-related projects
- Demonstrated experience collaborating with other providers serving a variety of diverse populations, including gay men, communities of color, substance abuse populations, women and youth.
- Experience and knowledge of the culture and environmental issues significant to:
- people of color
- high-risk youth
- low-income families
- people who inject drugs and other high-risk drug users
- individuals involved with the criminal justice system
- homeless and under-housed
- people with chronic severe illness
- mental health patients
- Ability to write clear, concise reports, and follow/ give strong written and oral communication
- Strong human resource management skills, staff recruitment, interview and hiring skills.
- Fund development skills including fundraisers and grant proposal writing.
- Excellent supervisory and team-building skills including planning and assigning work; evaluating and motivating staff; determining the need for disciplinary action; and either recommending or initiating disciplinary action.
- Ability to work hands-on with limited resources, independently or in a team setting.
- Excellent conflict management and problem-solving skills
- Organizational abilities, critical thinking skills, and logic and analytical ability.
- Abilities in empathy, active listening, and providing constructive criticism
- Effective communication ability in Spanish (preferred)
- Computer skills using Microsoft software applications (g. Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, social media apps).
- A valid driver’s license with a dependable vehicle with current automobile insurance, registration, and a clean driving record.
The hourly wage for this position is commensurate with one’s employment and educational experience.
III. How to Apply
People of Color and LGBTQIA+ are strongly encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants are encouraged to email a cover letter and their current that reflects any relevant experiences and skills to email@example.com.
Please type “Application: [Insert Job Title]” under the Subject. Once this information is received, candidates will meet with Clarmundo Sullivan, CEO, and founder of GRS, for a preliminary interview to discuss available opportunities and answer any questions. If you should have any questions, please feel free to contact Mr. Sullivan at (916) 427-4653.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org