STD QUICK FACTS
Did You Know...
- More than 1 million people acquire a sexually transmitted infection (STI) every day.
- More than 530 million people have the virus that causes genital herpes (HSV2).
- More than 290 million women have a human papillomavirus (HPV) infection.
- The majority of STIs are present without symptoms.
- Drug resistance, especially for gonorrhea, is a major threat to reducing the impact of STIs worldwide.
STD Fact Sheets
There are over 20 kinds of STDs. Below are downloadable fact sheets for some of them. All fact sheets are in PDF format and are provided by the CDC.